Monday, January 30, 2017

Day 45 - being impatient when practicing guitar.

So I notice that I have a tendency to pick up my instrument, and when I practice or study the craft, I have little patients for developing my skill. I'll read alittle, play alittle, and put it down. So I see that just simply not putting in consistent work ethic, is a problem from getting better and moving forward quickly towards my career in music.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not put in the effort that I expect to manifest results equal to that effort, and being disappointed when I don't see the results.

I forgive myself that I've not accepted and allowed myself, to see and realize, that with time and patients, reaps great rewards, as I already have results for the limited styles that I play which I do nearly at a proficient level due to the amount of hours and work I've put into those styles I'm really good add, specifically finger style percussive.

When and as I see myself getting impatient, I stop, I breath, and I simply find a way to enjoy the process of learning, knowing that I'm supporting myself as a musician.

I commit myself to practice for 25 minutes at a time, and to schedule my practice times, as well as getting in the most comfortable setting I can to effectively practice and improve as a musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment